Sunday 6 December 2015

First Legion Problems


I've been tinkering around with the Betrayal at Calth models, with a view to turning them into Heresy era Dark Angels. Above is my first Contemptor, and I've also done a squad of Tacticals, both of which are up on my Deviantart with more pictures via those links. My plan was to do some of the models as Fallen, thus allowing me to play BaC with Dark Angels on both sides. 

There's a fair amount of debate about the Legion symbol, whether it should be white or red. Some early artwork also shows a red and yellow diamond check pattern in some places. On top of that, some pictures show black-armoured Legionaries with white shoulder pads, with the Legion symbol in black or dark green. 

In the end, I'm doing some squads with red Legion symbols with white squad markings, and some where this scheme is reversed. I'm assuming this represents different Chapters within the Legion. For the Terminators and Dreadnought, I'm going with the red, which will be mildly annoying if playing the game but since the Terminators are only ever on one side, and the Dreadnought is only ever on the other, it's not fatal. 

Anyway, that's it for now. I should have the next 40k short up some time this week once I've knocked the rough edges off the idea, and of course my book, The Wake of Manadar, is available on Kindle :)

3 comments:

  1. The red markings on the armour represent the core of Terran Veterans, the white markings are talked about as being recruits from other worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, really? I'm afraid I'm horribly out-of-date with the 40k novels, I tried to catch up last year but I'd have needed £200+ of books, which was a bit strong for me! Is this from the Heresy novels, or one of the FW source books? Anyway, thanks for being my first blog comment :)

      Delete
  2. Sources are rather diverse now, red markings are from Rogue Trader, white markings are from Index Astartes vol1, green is from the Horus Heresy series.

    ReplyDelete